Columns
10 years on Image

10 years on

Melbourne Bike Share becomes Docklands Bike Share
Read more >>

Away from the desk Image

Away from the desk

The little bent tree
Read more >>

Chamber update Image

Chamber update

Coming out of COVID-19
Read more >>

Docklander Image

Docklander

Moving across the world for Docklands
Read more >>

Docklands Secrets Image

Docklands Secrets

Conflicting speeds
Read more >>

Chinese

滨海港区 预算菲薄
Read more >>

Critic

A killer in Docklands
Read more >>

Owners' Corporation Management

Performance-based alternative solutions the key to cheaper cladding replacement costs
Read more >>

Fashion Image

Fashion

Top five street style trends
Read more >>

Health and Wellbeing Image

Health and Wellbeing

Warming up before exercise – why you really need to
Read more >>

Letters Image

Letters

What I hate about Docklands
Read more >>

History

(A sailor’s) Home is where the Hearth is
Read more >>

Business Image

Business

Anchor up at Yarra’s Edge’s newest cafe
Read more >>

Owners Corporation Law Image

Owners Corporation Law

Keeping the lights on during COVID-19
Read more >>

Maritime

Two steps forward and one step back
Read more >>

Pets Corner Image

Pets Corner

Ty the adorable rescue
Read more >>

SkyPad Living Image

SkyPad Living

Coming out of COVID-19 with a silver lining
Read more >>

Precinct Perspectives

Getting through COVID-19
Read more >>

State MP

After COVID-19: do we want to go back to “normal”?
Read more >>

Street Art Image

Street Art

Goodbye from Blender Studios
Read more >>

Sustainability

How fast is fast fashion?
Read more >>

The District

Eat your way through our most delicious hot spots
Read more >>

We Live Here Image

We Live Here

Short-stays in the aftermath of COVID-19
Read more >>

Editions
August 09 Edition Cover

Marketing is “vital”

02 Jul 2009

Marketing Docklands is vitally important, according to our DCN June survey.

Some 87 per cent of respondents ranked marketing as vital, with the other 13 per cent saying it was quite important.

However, 37.5 per cent said they thought marketing Docklands was not being done well.  Some 25 per cent thought that Docklands was being marketed “quite well” with a further 25 per cent ranking the effort as “really well”. A further 12.5 per cent rated the effort as “brilliant”.

Eight people responded to the survey.

Among comments put forward were:

  • Without effective marketing most Melburnians have no idea of the different precincts and finding Docklands. They simply stop at the stadium;
  • More work needs to done with ALL the event organisers and precinct managements. Egos need to be dropped. Everyone should work to create overall events for the whole precinct; and
  • The recent success of the Ignite Docklands demonstrates the success of advertising.

Respondents ranked organisations on their Docklands marketing effort.  In order of perceived value, respondents ranked the Rivers Group first, followed equally by the Docklands Marketing Association and VicUrban.  Next was ING Real Estate, City of Melbourne, MAB, Waterfront Venues, Lend Lease and Mirvac.

In order of perceived benefits, respondents thought Docklands press advertising was most effective, followed by television, radio and billboards.

One respondent to the survey said:  “Adverts on late at night are a waste of money. It should start with us locals.  Your paper should be full of ads introducing the new business and making us feel welcome in their shops.”

Share on Facebook

Stay in touch with Docklands. Subscribe to FREE monthly e-Newspaper.

You must be registered with Docklands News to be able to post comments.
To register, please click here.