03 May 2011
Docklands is currently experiencing more construction than at any other time in its history.
VicUrban reports that more than $1.77 billion worth of development is currently underway.
Acting Docklands general manager Simon Wilson said more than 1250 homes and about 280,000 sqm of commercial property were currently being built.
“Importantly, we are now seeing construction activity across multiple precincts, ranging from public infrastructure to both residential and commercial buildings,” Mr Wilson said.
“This is clear evidence of the momentum that has been built up during the first decade of development.”
Developments currently under construction include:
- Convesso, Victoria Harbour
- Goods Shed South, Batman’s Hill
- Harbour One, NewQuay
- Kangan Batman TAFE Stage 2, Batman’s Hill
- Lacrosse, North East Stadium
- Melbourne Water, Digital Harbour
- NAB’s new head quarters, South East Stadium
- Quattro / ATO building, Batman’s Hill
- Quay Park Townhouses, NewQuay
- River’s Edge River homes, Stages 3 and 4, Yarra’s Edge
- Serrata, Victoria Harbour
- The Avenues, NewQuay
- The Marina, NewQuay
- Tower 8, Yarra’s Edge
Stay in touch with Docklands. Subscribe to FREE monthly e-Newspaper.
You must be registered with Docklands News to be able to post comments.
To register, please click here.